Wednesday, September 5, 2012

September 5, 2012--Great Wall

Today was the day the boys have been living for--The Great Wall!  Sara arranged for the jinbei to take us to Mutianyu Great Wall.  It was SO cool!  I have tons of pics, it was just so beautiful...  There won't be much narrative on this one, the pictures speak for themselves.  The mountains are such an amazing witness to the wonder and awesomeness of our God.


This is a RARE moment in history.  I am TERRIFIED of heights and I took this on a ski lift up the Great Wall of China.  Grace cried the whole way up.  Baby, I feel your pain!

Connor and Shaoey--I can't believe I let my Shao-Shao go up it without me.  She is so well behaved though, she's the only one I'd trust to go without Troy or me.

This is the toboggan run.  I have video at the bottom of this post of Grace and me coming down it.


Our in-case-they-get-lost photo


This one is for Troy's friend, Brandon @ Bayouland Bowhunters. 


















Can you imagine living in the foothills of the Great Wall????











FYI for future reference:  Our guide got us the ski lift tickets.   It would have been much more wise to do the cable car up and walk DOWN to the toboggan run.  It was a TREK the other direction, especially with TingTing.  She plants herself and we have to pick her up and carry her (usually crying).  We ended up going up ski lift, walking to higher tower, coming down cable car, going back up ski lift (yes, I did it twice!), and down the toboggan run.  

Oh and you have to get the egg pancake!  YUMMY!  The girls devoured them!

After such a big day, we headed back to the SFCV Inn and ordered pizza from Bread of Life again!  Jacob's in heaven.  Actually, he's done so much better this trip.  He's eating things I NEVER thought he'd even try!

2 comments:

  1. We loved the toboggan! Would love to do it again, so thanks for the fun video with all the giggles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I'm thrilled you got to experience this part of the Great Wall. I tell adopting families how amazing it is but most don't want to try it. We LOVED it too! It is so beautiful and that tobaggan is sooooo much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete