What a GREAT outing!
The Xiangjiang Safari Park is gorgeous and fun! A definite if you're in Guangzhou.
We started our journey with our first ever subway ride. My man got us tokens and after having to figure out how to just swipe the tokens and not insert, we were on our way!
The metro drops you off on Chimelong at the free shuttle busses to all the parts of Chimelong--a water park, amusement park, safari, resort, circus. We wanted to do the circus too, but we didn't think TingTing and Grace would handle it well.
 |
| These lemurs were just running and swinging from the trees overhead--no cage! Their keeper was on the ground keeping an eye on them, but still... |
 |
| We weren't too sure what this was at first... |
 |
| We get stopped for pics often. I hate to "deceive" them by dressing the girls as triplets, but it really is so much easier to keep up with them here if we can just count 3 of the same outfit. And if one gets lost...we can show how they're dressed. |
 |
| Troy's lunch--Any guesses? |
After the first half of the park, we took the Safari on Wheels for the safari tour. It was nice and relaxing and we got to see some great animals. It was nice to see how much freedom the animals had.
 |
| LSU--Go Tigers! |
 |
| TingTing falls asleep often. Nothing really impresses her. :-( I'm sure she's overwhelmed, but I'm still hoping she gets a little more excited about life once we're home and settled. |
 |
| TingTing fades fast and we have to plan ahead to have distractions. We had a sucker stop before lunch, lunch, safari tour, and then an ice cream stop. Oh and ALWAYS carry water, that's a big hot button for her. We can ward off half the meltdowns by having a water bottle for her. |
 |
| This girl has been AMAZING on this trip. I mean totally awesome. She has been our even tempered, well mannered, obedient child. Thank you, Lord, for your kindness. You knew I needed one. |
 |
| These 2 are quite a pair. Two peas in a pod--messy, loud (but don't like noise), very physical.... |
 |
| Did you figure these out? |
 |
| I thought koalas were cuter? The sleeping ones look so sweet. This one, not so much. |
 |
| Shaoey's favorite. She LOVES pandas. |
 |
| The large white blocks are ice. |
 |
| This is how TingTing saw most of the park--on someone's shoulders. She didn't have to walk much... |
 |
| They're the same age and all! |
We took the metro home. TingTing was overdone and had another of her famous tantrums. I can't remember what set her off, but she was crying and it was time to leave for dinner so Troy took the kids and went in search of food to bring back. When she realized he left without her because she was crying, it escalated... She was ticked at me for not taking her to find him, but I honestly had no idea where he had gone. So we endured about 45 minutes of screaming. She "calmed" down for a few minutes to color a picture. She presented it to me as a bribe to take her to find baba and when I couldn't it started all over again. Sigh....
LOVE the pictures! We had many-a-meltdowns with Alex, so I totally understand that one. I had no idea 13-month old children could scream for so loud, for so long. Ugh...feel you on that one. Hugs and prayers for the homestrech!
ReplyDeletewait..what? you were in guangzhou, the city where l am very close? please tell me if you come to china next time!! especially guangdong province! i miss tingting soooo much
ReplyDelete