Friday, September 14, 2012

September 14, 2012--Ocean Park, HK

I think I won mom of the year today with the boys!  The boys have been such wonderful young men. They have been an invaluable help to us on this journey.  As a reward for this, we took the family to Ocean Park.  Think Disney with scarier rides.

We grabbed a couple of taxis to Ocean Park.  We were delighted that they allowed us to rent a stroller for TingTing!  She has absolutely NO stamina and when she's taken her 50 steps, she sits down and refuses to budge--NOT fun.  She rode all day and allowed us to let the others have some fun.

The boys had the best time on HairRaiser and The Flash! I turned green just looking at them.  While the boys were off on their wild adventure, the girls and I headed back to the little kids side.  They had fun going on the smaller rides--carousel, train, small ferris wheel, and the frog hopper (which was hilarious!)

Taxis, taxis, taxis.  That is about the one thing I won't miss from China.  








It's so funny, Tingting was the one that pushed to go on this one and with every drop, her face grimaced and looked like she was about to cry.  Grace couldn't stop giggling the whole ride.



It's so hard to capture good pics of Tingting...she always makes these weird faces or sticks out her tongue.    So sad...she's such a beautiful girl and most pictures don't do her justice, but these do!




We ate dinner at the Neptune's restaurant at Ocean Park.  It was awesome.  The food was good, but the view was amazing!  We were seated next to the large aquarium tank from the Aquarium exhibit.  We were entertained by fish, sharks, rays, and turtles during our dinner.  I forgot to get a picture, but Troy had chilled jellyfish for dinner.  

After we closed down Ocean Park (I really think we were one of the last ones!), Troy hit the streets to get a feel for the area.  

More taxis...

What was on this plate you ask?  Dried puffer fish...the stuff that is potentially deadly if you eat it raw!

Here's some video from today:

No comments:

Post a Comment