Friday, September 7, 2012

September 7, 2012--Guangzhou bound

We only had the morning at SFCV.  If was sad to count down the hours.  I don't know that we're ready to head on, but I guess we don't have a choice.  I spent a little time wrapping up our stay here...giving presents to her ayis and her teacher, taking a few more pics, telling the ayis xie xie (thank you), trying to find a way to express our appreciation to them, crying.... TingTing doesn't seem bothered or upset to be leaving.  I'm the one shedding tears.  I know she doesn't really understand what's happening, that this if forever, I do.  It breaks my heart to take her from everything she's ever known.  It is obvious that she is very special here.  

We loaded the jin bei around 12:30 and loaded up.  It was so touching and heartbreaking to look back at the staff waving goodbye as we pulled away.  All I could do was sob.  Thank you!!

Sara, thank you for fielding so many of my questions and sharing so many photos of her in the wait, they kept me going.
Jamie, thank you for helping organize our trip and drivers and rooms.
Crissy, thank you for your help in handling all the supplies we brought.
Christina, THANK YOU for being the liason with Langfang.  I KNOW that's not an easy job.

We pray His blessings over all of you for your service to His children.

Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. I know how this just eats at your heart Charlene!!! Thank you for sharing alllll the photos of the beautiful children and i pray your last leg of your journey is a joy!! Praying for these amazing kiddos waiting for forever families!!! LOVE the last 3 posts.... sorry I haven't had time to post until this morning, just time to enjoy reading and watching the videos!!! Love you guys!!! DD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I briefly crossed paths with Tim and Pam while they lived in Austin a bit back. So neat to see pictures of the kids and rooms at Shephard's Field Children's Villiage. They do such amazing work there. And I'm so very grateful Troy was able to gift them with some work while there.

    Continued prayers for the last China leg of your trip! Blessings, prayers and hugs from New York.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlene, what a touching post today. I am sure it is so difficult for you to leave. But now, Ting Ting is yours forever! :)

    Your pictures of the last few days made us long for SFCV and Agape House. We love them all so much.

    So excited to continue with you on your journey. We always felt like Guangzhou was a bit like the first family vacation we took with each of our China treasures. We will continue to lift you all in prayer. Thanks for sharing all those precious memories.

    Blessings,
    janet, kevin, and gang

    ReplyDelete