Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Where has the time gone?

Wow, I can't believe I haven't posted since Sept. 22nd and it's now Oct. 11th (actually it's now Oct. 31st, but I had this post and the next waiting in my drafts because I just didn't know what to post or how to say it, so here it is) ....  I feel like the days pass in a blur.  We count Sundays (since that's when we came home) and they seem to come fast.  We're amazed when it's Saturday night again.

(Warning: reality alert, the first weeks/months home are not always pretty)

My days feel like the movie "Groundhog Day," with less progress each day.  He atleast seemed to come out a little ahead each day.  

Our honeymoon period is ending and tensions are running high.  Shaoey and Grace are so over TingTing and her diva antics.  They are tired of playing with her.  (Right now the girls are trying to play games--Zingo, concentration, and Sorry--with her and are so terribly annoyed with her they are threatening to quit and I can't say I blame them.  When she pitches a fit about not playing her way, they leave which really upsets her. (Which isn't a bad thing...)  She was use to being around boys and missions teams who apparently allowed her to boss them around.  I remember when she raged in China (because she was touching something she wasn't suppose to and after telling her 2 times to stop, Troy removed her from the situation) and I asked how they dealt with her temper tantrums and was told that most people tried to avoid them.  I am NOT doing that.  A true meltdown for grieving and attachment are one thing and I will hold you as long as you need,  but pitching hissy fits because you don't get your way are not and do not work here...  

When she has a tantrum her cries and screams.  The screaming makes her throat hurt and then she cries about that, but she also then pinches her neck which hurts.... I have tried explaining to her that if pinching her neck hurts, maybe she should stop doing it to herself... 

Last night we had to move her bed, we switched Grace and TingTing.  Shaoey was tired of being creeped out by TingTing staring at her as she tried to go to sleep.  Every time she'd open her eyes, TingTing was looking at her.  (Sounds minor, but try falling asleep when you know someone's staring at you.)



To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment