Saturday, October 24, 2009

Anyone else like mustard?





There is so much about this adoption that is not clear, but I am finally waking up to see God calling us to move forward in faith.  In the past couple weeks, I've felt it in small ways.  I've started collecting birth certificates and our marriage license and I've started work on an LOI and our financial documents....  but all this is playing it safe.  It isn't anything difficult or really "important" in the big sense to an adoption.  I mean they are, but they are only small checks offs on the BIG list of to do's.  They don't require much out of us in terms of commitment--time, financial, emotional, and social (yes, social, as in actually telling people that this is GOING to happen).


"Truly I tell you, if you say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and do not doubt in your heart but believe that what you say will happen, it will be done for you.  Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.  Mark 11:23-24


That was what I read this morning in my quiet time---Believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.--Have I been believing that we have already received it?   No.  I was playing with the notion and thinking about it and toying with it, but I have not been acting like I truly believed and received it.  


We live by faith, not by sight - 2 Corinthians 5:7


Go and See was another message from God this week.  My sweet friend Nicole (Ava's Mama!) really said it well "You believe God FIRST and step out in faith and then God keeps his word."  







  I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."
Matthew 17:20




No comments:

Post a Comment